Golem Chess Competition! 30k GLM PrizePool
We are delighted to introduce you to the first Chess On Golem Tournament! We are offering 30k GLM contendants to show their skills in the Golem community.
We are delighted to introduce you to the first Chess On Golem Tournament!
Chess on Golem is an app developed by our community member Paweł Burgchardt (aka Broadcast Monkey on Github) during our first hackathon in December, where human players can challenge a Golem-powered AI player in a game of chess across 5 levels, from beginner to Grandmaster.
The game is managed by Node.js server, which distributes tasks across providers on the Golem network: when it’s Golem’s turn, the move request is sent to the Golem Network and bidded by providers.
In the tournament, we will be giving away 30k GLM in prizes - read below to know how to win, and start playing here!
Make sure you join the Golem Discord. The player has to log in and play with a unique username, this needs to be the first 8 characters as your Discord ID (or less if you don’t have 8 characters). You cannot play "as a guest". Players using the guest mode will not be considered for the competition prize.
Prizes will be awarded to the first 3 players who beat Golem at the "Chess Grandmaster Level" within the deadline - the first deadline will be 13th of December.
- The first player to claim the prize will win 15k GLM.
- The second player to claim the prize will win 10k GLM.
- The third player to claim the prize will win 5k GLM.
If, by the deadline, 1 or more prizes have yet to be claimed, the remaining prize(s) will be awarded to the player(s) beating the "Chess Master Level", within the deadline - the second deadline will be 3rd of January.
If, by the deadline, 1 or more prizes have yet to be claimed, the remaining prize(s) will be awarded to the player(s) beating the "Experienced Level", within the deadline - the second deadline will be 24th of January.
It is on a first come first served basis: if 3 prizes are won before the deadline, then the tournament will be considered completed.
There's no limit to the number of attempts a player can make.
Good faith: Players agree that other than the device which is being used for playing games (and has a screen-recording running), no electronic communication devices or chess playing aids are being used. A third-party software might be used to analyse whether a player might be cheating. The screen recording can only show one game. You need to play one game at a time. Do not DDoS the ChessOnGolem to try to win.
Players cheating (using 3rd party tools) will be disqualified and can be banned from participating in the game, and to any other Golem community initiatives, including (and not restricted to, at the discretion of Golem Factory GmbH): GLM Rewards Programs, bounties, hackathons.
Players tracing previous games can be flagged as using 3rd party tools with our analysis. We would highly recommend against this approach since there will be no simple way to prove that 3rd party tools weren't used within the information collected. If our analysis shows it's very likely 3rd party tools were used then this is the decision that will be used.
Individuals from the Golem Factory GmbH and its affiliate, as well as any developers that worked directly on the development of ChessOnGolem will be excluded from participating in the tournament.
Be aware that each individual player can only win one of the three prizes.
Each game can last a maximum of 1 hour. Golem Network computation time will not be included in the players time by the judges when the video is submitted. This means that the video can be longer than 1 hour (this can occur if there is congestion in the network).
How to claim your prize
You should email email@example.com with the title “Golem Chess Competition Submission” and include the following:
- Winners have to submit a video recording of their screen while they're playing. No other open tabs are allowed while playing.
- The recording has to always show the time.
- Doesn’t need audio, doesn’t need to be high quality (within reason that judges can see moves made).
- In the case of disconnection a player may reconnect and return to the game, provided the video recording remains active during the disconnection. Disconnection time is not included towards the time limit.
2. At the end of the game you will have a game link, winners have to send the link of the game (i.e. https://chessongolem.app/game/350).
3. Winners also have to share this game link in the Golem Discord in the #chess-tournament channel, stating that they have beat the current difficulty. Please do this ASAP once you’ve completed the difficulty.
4. Include your Discord ID (i.e. [MyName]#[XXXX]) and first name.
You will be required to submit KYC in the case that you’re a winning candidate. The KYC documents for winning candidates and first name provided with the initial submission should match. A request for this information should be expected within 5 business days from the submission.
We understand that the requirements for this competition are relatively strict; considering the prize pool allows for an individual to win over 15,000 GLM and the total prize pool is 30,000 GLM, we believe that these requirements are reasonable. We hope that participants understand that requirements are strict to increase fairness of the competition.
Stages of the competition ("Chess Grandmaster Level" - November 19th to December 13th, "Chess Master Level" - December 14th to January 3rd, "Experienced Level" - January 4th to January 24th) are considered in CET timezone and from the beginning of the game.
Summary to participate
- Make sure you’re in the Golem Discord.
- Go to ChessOnGolem and create your nickname with the first 8 characters of your Discord ID.
- Set your difficulty level with the set difficulty level for the set time period:
- "Chess Grandmaster Level" - November 19th to December 13th.
- "Chess Master Level" - December 14th to January 3rd.
- "Experienced Level" - January 4th to January 24th.
4. Record your game.
- Winning candidate submission must include a link to a video recording (e.g. Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.). Video must include the time in whichever timezone the participant is in.
5. In the case that you beat the current difficulty level, state that you have beat the current competition difficulty (including the name of the difficulty) in the Golem Discord #chess-tournament channel with a link to the game.
6. Submit the winning game to firstname.lastname@example.org, including:
- Title: Golem Chess Competition.
- First name.
- Discord name+ID (e.g. GolemChessPlayer#2467).
- Video link with your screenshare (use OBS, it's free and open-source), this needs to be showing only one game. Do not run multiple games simultaneously (this could be up for disqualification even if the video doesn't show it).
7. Wait for judges to respond with a potential request for KYC and further instructions.
The Golem Chess Competition is a social experiment and discretionary tournament aimed at encouraging improvement of the Golem community. By participating in the Golem Chess Competition, you acknowledge that Golem Factory GmbH can cancel the Golem Chess Competition at any time, and rewards are paid at the sole discretion of the judges of the Golem Factory GmbH. In addition, Golem Factory GmbH is not able to issue rewards to individuals who are on any sanction list (in particular, but without limitation, US, Swiss, European sanctions lists) or who are citizens of sanctioned/embargoed countries (eg. North Korea, Iran, etc). The transfer of a reward thus may be made subject to a prior and successful KYC-check of the participant. All recipients of any reward tokens are responsible for all taxes under their respective jurisdictions and situations. All rewards are subject to applicable law. Finally, your Golem Chess Competition involvement must not violate any law. Golem Factory GmbH disclaims any and all liability, in particular, but without limitation, with respect to your Golem Chess Competition involvement (incl. possible rewards paid out to you) being compliant with any applicable law.
Any disputes arising out of or in connection with the Golem Chess Competition shall be exclusively decided by the ordinary courts of the city of Zug, Switzerland and in accordance to Swiss law.
Golem Factory GmbH holds the right update the rules at any time following the announcement of the competition. The rules applied to each participant shall be the same as the rules written here at the time of submission. They also hold the right to collaboration with the ChessOnGolem developer to have the ChessOnGolem code updated at any time.