We are glad to introduce our latest major release, Brass Golem Beta 0.17.0. Below you will find the details about this.
In this iteration, we are introducing Netmasking to improve the robustness of Golem’s networking layer and prevent the requestors from getting flooded with too many providers requests. In addition, we have updated our Blender verification library to reduce the number of false negatives during the verification stage. Finally, we added a new task list to the UI. Other upgrades are listed in a more detailed changelog below.
As in any version that implies protocol changes, please make sure to update to the latest version — this is very important as otherwise, users will operate at different capacities.
We would like to remind you, once again, that the team needs your feedback to continue improving and building our project — so please keep it coming, we highly appreciate it!
And now, for the more detailed changelog:
- Introduces netmasking to make the networking layer more robust
- Improves Blender verification
- Improves Golem’s ethereum transaction layer
- Fixes new version detection in the Golem client
- Fixes various RPC/CLI interface issues
- Adds Support for Concent Additional Verification use case
- Implements additional Concent integration and acceptance tests
- Various fixes for Golem<->Concent communication
- Electron upgraded to version 2
- React, redux and all react & redux related libraries upgraded to latest versions
- Webpack configuration updated and 2 different webpack configuration files merged to one with new “mode” option
- New task list implemented
- Ethereum checksum corrector implemented on withdraw modal
- All documentation links updated to website documentation links instead of GitHub
- Task settings TX fee implemented
- Custom geth checker implemented on settings tab
- Critical golem error messages documented on footer
- UX/UI/Style improvements
- Major/Minor bug fixes
Please update your Golem version to this latest one, to ensure you will be using the network at its full capacities to date.
For more details and troubleshooting, please visit the official GitHub repository.
Upgrading to Brass Golem Beta 0.17.0
You can find detailed information here:
brew upgrade golem
brew cask upgrade golem
sudo chown root:wheel $(brew --prefix)/opt/docker-machine-driver-xhyve/bin/docker-machine-driver-xhyve
sudo chmod u+s $(brew --prefix)/opt/docker-machine-driver-xhyve/bin/docker-machine-driver-xhyve
Download the installation script from here. In terminal, run
chmod +x install.sh && ./install.sh.
Download and execute the installer from here.
If you encounter any errors please let us know in the testers channel at chat.golem.network or write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mid-term Goals presentation — livestreamed:
Additionally, make sure you don’t miss this — tomorrow, Wednesday August 1st, we will reveal our mid-term goals Kanban via livestream.There you will be able to see our progress better and find out what’s in stock for the next 12 months. We look forward to your questions on Reddit and for feedback on this as well.