We are happy to announce the new release of Golem 0.15.1.
This release adds as a feature, the possibility to restart a single subtask after the whole task hits deadline.
This functionality may be useful if a user is not satisfied with a small part of the rendered image and wants to repeat this particular computation with a different provider.
We have also lowered eth gas cost and predicted gas amount needed estimations, and included fixes to several errors with diverse severity on this new release.
We strongly recommend updating your Golem version to the newer one.
As usual, we encourage you to follow the progress of our project on Golem Kanban, download and test this latest release
Most importantly we would like to remark that your feedback matters, as it plays a key part for us to continue improving Golem.
For more details and troubleshooting, please visit the official GitHub repository.
More detailed changelog:
- Possibility to restart single subtask after task deadline
- Less restrictive eth for gas usage estimation
- RPC call that displays number of subtask that is going to be used by Golem for given scene parameters
- Changes and fixes in golemcli tasks show
- Checks that task id and subtask id were generated by requestor
- Fixed task persistence
- Sync payment processor on startup
- Task duration computation changed
- Send RemoveTask message after task is finished
- Additional logs for funds locks
- Switch added on the GUI to opt out of being a provider
- Port warnings added on footer status bar
- Header style on preview screen fixed (for Windows users)
- Copying subtask id is possible on preview screen
- Estimation logic implemented for computed tasks in task list
- Maximum balance validation implemented on withdraw form
- Golem sync status message added into footer status bar
- Insufficient balance warning while restarting task
- UX updates and responsiveness
Upgrading to Brass Golem Beta 0.15.1
You can find detailed information here:
- macOSbrew update
brew upgrade golem
brew cask upgrade golem
sudo chown root:wheel $(brew --prefix)/opt/docker-machine-driver-xhyve/bin/docker-machine-driver-xhyve
sudo chmod u+s $(brew --prefix)/opt/docker-machine-driver-xhyve/bin/docker-machine-driver-xhyve
Download the installation script from here. In terminal, run
chmod +x install.sh && ./install.sh.
Download and execute the installer from here.
If you encounter any errors please let us know on testers channel at chat.golem.network or write an email to email@example.com.