We are very pleased to announce the new release of Golem 0.14.0. This release adds password management for unlocking Golem accounts and several other features that will be needed for the upcoming switch to mainnet. Also worth mentioning, are the updates in the GUI.
As usual, we encourage you to follow the progress of our project on the Golem Kanban, download and test this latest release, as well as provide us with feedback, so that we can keep improving Golem. For more details and troubleshooting, please visit the official GitHub repository.
More detailed changelog:
- Password is now required to unlock Golem service
- Term-of-use added (temporarily disabled)
- Websocket encryption
- (Anti-sybil) Key difficulty checks added to task session
- — mainnet flag added
- Blender verification is now called sequentially
- Better address management in HyperG
- Decrease reputation when requestor is not paying for computation
- Lock funds after requesting task
- Sentry integration added
- Bugfixes and optimizations
- — concent flag added
- support for ForceReportComputedTaskResponse, ForceSubtaskResults, ForceSubtaskResulstsRejection, ForceGetTaskResult, ForceGetTaskResultFailed
- FileTransferToken improvements
- Wallet implementation
- Password protection implementation
- Secure websocket connection activated
- New onboarding elements and navigations
- Terms of Usage added
- Task Settings screen updated
- More information tooltips about sections
- Critical warnings
- Design updates & UX improvements
Upgrading to Brass Golem Alpha2 0.14.0
You can the find detailed information here:
- macOSbrew update
brew upgrade golem
brew cask upgrade golem
sudo chown root:wheel $(brew --prefix)/opt/docker-machine-driver-xhyve/bin/docker-machine-driver-xhyve
sudo chmod u+s $(brew --prefix)/opt/docker-machine-driver-xhyve/bin/docker-machine-driver-xhyve
Download the installation script from here. In terminal, run
chmod +x install.sh && ./install.sh.
Download and execute the installer from here.
If you encounter any errors please let us know on testers channel at chat.golem.network or write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.