Today, The Golem project is happy to announce the new release of Golem 0.12.0. This release focuses on local verification of tasks, protocol improvements (including anti-sybil based on key difficulty), UX/GUI refinement and general bug-fixing.
Following our successful February AmA and Julian’s statement, the project’s Kanban will be updated in the coming days. Stay tuned.
More detailed changelog:
- Advanced local verification for Blender task implemented
- Compositing turned off by default for images that are split into parts
- Verification queue added
- Anti-sybil mechanism based on required key difficulty introduced
- Requester now sets the minimum from task deadline and subtask deadline as the expected deadline
- Provider checks that parameters in CompTaskDef match what is declared in TaskHeader.
- Information about last successful update of GNT passed to UI
- Support for geth 1.8.x
- Check size of resources that are downloaded via HyperG
- Timeouts for downloading resources are now proportional to resource size
- Attach hash to resources that are sent via the network
- Files resources are now zipped to one file and the package hash is saved in the task state for further references
- Support for SubtaskResultRejected message
- Pinging and receiving messages from concent
- Support for ForceReportComputedTask method
- Improvements in MessageHistoryService
- Optional collecting and sending requestor stats to golem monitor. This feature can be turned off by adding — nomonitor flag to golem core.
- Proper balances shown in monitor
- Electron security update
- Default parameters from the given file are suggested
- Informative local render errors
- Default App size increased vertically
- UX improvements
Upgrading to Brass Golem Alpha2 0.12.0
You can find detailed information here:
brew update brew upgrade golem brew cask upgrade golem sudo chown root:wheel $(brew --prefix)/opt/docker-machine-driver-xhyve/bin/docker-machine-driver-xhyve sudo chmod u+s $(brew --prefix)/opt/docker-machine-driver-xhyve/bin/docker-machine-driver-xhyve
Download the installation script from here. In terminal, run
chmod +x install.sh && ./install.sh.
Download and execute the installer from here.
If you encounter any errors please let us know on testers channel at chat.golem.network or write an email to email@example.com.