We are delighted to announce the next major Golem release that consists of changes in the protocol, the core and the GUI. The main improvements are: an uPnP support (which means no need for a port forwarding anymore if supported by a router), GNTW migration (testnet will now work with a contract that is based on real GNT contract with additional wrapper layer added) and a modern-style Windows installer.
As usual we encourage you to follow the progress of our project on Golem Kanban, download and test the newest release, as well as provide us with feedback, so that we can keep improving Golem. For more details and troubleshooting, please visit the official GitHub repository.
Because of this migration your testnet balance will be zeroed and later refill with the new test GNT.
Here is a list of the main changes since the previous release:
Installation & UX
- A new more user-friendly Windows installer
- Upnp support
- Hyperg and Docker problems are visible in GUI
- Results for single-frame tasks will not be overwritten (a number will be added to the result name instead)
- Restarting a task now causes a duplicate of this task being created, instead of just changing the deadlines and resetting all subtasks
- Critical errors are now stored in a separate, permanent log file
- A GNT-like contract used in the testnet with wrapper (GNTW)
- Better management of Geth errors
- Information about tasks are dumped in a separate thread
- Optimized number of messages with information about tasks being sent in the network
- Reduced number of received and processed messages when starting a task session
- Async API requests from HyperG are now handled by Twisted (requests are no longer lost under heavy load)
- Additional message for resource sending to Concent FileTransferToken
- New time representation in messages
- New signing and serializing methods
- A new application version notice
- An improved error handling mechanism for the end-user
- Task assets path issue on Windows resolved
- LuxRender ‘saving preset’ issue resolved
- Minor changes and improvements on performance, style and wording
Upgrading to Brass Golem Alpha2 0.11.0
You can find detailed information here:
brew update brew upgrade golem brew cask upgrade golem sudo chown root:wheel $(brew --prefix)/opt/docker-machine-driver-xhyve/bin/docker-machine-driver-xhyve sudo chmod u+s $(brew --prefix)/opt/docker-machine-driver-xhyve/bin/docker-machine-driver-xhyve
Download the installation script from here. In terminal, run
chmod +x install.sh && ./install.sh.
Download and execute the installer from here.
If you encounter any errors please let us know on testers channel at chat.golem.network or write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.