We are pleased to announce the next major release which contains a few long-awaited features and protocol optimizations.
With this new version users can observe their incomes displayed in the GUI and check how many test GNT they have earned for each subtask by sharing their machine’s computing power.
Tasks persistance is turned on by default, so restarting Golem will not require restarting all computations that someone has requested.
Improvements in the protocol should make Golem network more scalable and find other nodes quicker.
As usual, we encourage you to test our upgraded Alpha2 version and provide us with feedback. For more details and troubleshooting, please visit the official GitHub repository.
- Task persistence implemented. Tasks are revived after Golem is restarted.
- Handshake protocol is improved.
- Golem messages are moved to external module and refactored.
- Task-related messages are saved for Concent service.
- Additional message for communication with Concent are added.
- Bootstrap choosing mechanism is improved.
- Additional bootstrap nodes with lighter protocol (implemented in Golang) are added to Golem network.
- Incomes are now properly matched with proper tasks and displayed in GUI.
- Docker recovery mechanism improved.
- Old computation related data are now regularly cleaned.
- Major dependencies are upgraded for security and performance reasons.
- Application size is reduced approx. 10 percent.
- Input validation behaviours are improved.
- Reported and known issues are solved.
Upgrading to Golem Alpha2 0.10.0
- macOSbrew tap caskroom/cask
brew upgrade golem
brew cask install golem
sudo chown root:wheel $(brew --prefix)/opt/docker-machine-driver-xhyve/bin/docker-machine-driver-xhyve
sudo chmod u+s $(brew --prefix)/opt/docker-machine-driver-xhyve/bin/docker-machine-driver-xhyve
Download the installation script from here. In terminal, run
chmod +x install.sh && ./install.sh.
Download and execute the installer from here.
If you encounter any errors please let us know on testers channel at chat.golem.network or write an email to email@example.com.